Our client has just launched a new brand that is set to compete on a completely different level to where they could previously. The new brand is set to tackle a market that the parent company has so far stayed away from, opening up a world of possibilities.
While the established company is adjusting to the new word of data, the new brand created has been born into it. As a result, from the off, it can put data at its heart to drive decisions, gain insight and build products with customers as the priority. A world of possibility has opened up and we are looking for Senior Software Engineer to exploit this opportunity.
You would be working on a brand-new InsurTech product to be launched within the new brand. It will use machine learning techniques to push the boundaries of what’s possible. I can’t go into vast detail on the product itself as we are under NDA but I’m more than happy to discuss the details over the phone (about the product and new brand that has been launched).
What you’ll actually be doing…
- Contributing to application architecture – designing and building.
- You will contribute to a small team of highly talented software and data engineers. You will implement trustworthy and efficient data transformations via ETL and ELT.
- You will Build & improve software and services through continuous integration pipelines.
- Working closely with DevOps engineer(s) to agree on and apply best practices.
- You will stay on top of AWS offerings and taking advantage of new services if applicable
- Evangelising usage of the cloud for scalable and robust solutions.
We want someone with excellent communication skills who takes pride in developing highly available, secure and robust systems to contribute to our quickly-evolving, fail-fast agile environment. You will be passionate about software craftsmanship and clean code as well as test-driven development and have a good experience of continuous integration and continuous development.
- Significant years of experience with SQL – e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Redshift.
- Significant experience of data transformation via ETL and / or Experience and understanding of different database technologies, their use cases and trade-offs e.g. SQL, NoSQL, etc.
- Unix / Linux experience.
- Significant experience with Python.
- Experience with the Java/ Spring Framework / Spring Boot
- Strong understanding of functional programming.
- Understanding of agile processes and incremental delivery, translating high level ideas to stories
The one tech skill I’m really looking for is Python coding. All the other tech can either be taught on the job, but Python is key. “If they haven’t got it we can teach it, apart from Python, we need Python…oh and SQL. The world is still written in SQL.”
You will be joining a small, highly performant, exceptionally bright and delivery focused team – made up of Software/Data Engineers, Architects, Data Scientists etc. You will also be working closely with a couple of 3rd party vendors/consultancies.
So, in summary, Senior Software Engineer, well rounded, decent Python (and SQL)…oh and enthusiastic, really enthusiastic!
So, if this has piqued your interest (and yes that is the right ‘piqued’ to use, I googled it!) please send me through CV [email protected] and I’ll get back to you ASAP.