We are working in partnership with a well-known FTSE 100 company that has a great heritage and a progressive vision for the future.
We are helping them to build their Advanced Analytics team, and as part of this, they require a new Data Engineering team. The Data Engineering team will be the pivotal key to the successful deployment of Data Science products and POCs which are core to this organisation’s strategic success.
Over the past four years, this company has embarked on a massive organisational transformation alongside a new strategic direction. This has included the implementation of a Tech Stack that rivals some of the best high-tech companies in the world.
You will be responsible for the design, implementation and monitoring of this businesses data platform, and you will need to drive automation, particularly in the continuous integration pipelines, infrastructure management and configuration.
To be considered for this role you must have experience working alongside Data Scientists to deliver ingestion and ETL pipelines from a wide range of data sources. You will ideally have experience productionising Data Science products that use Machine Learning.
You need strong leadership skills with proven experience in managing small teams of engineers, where you have provided coaching and mentoring but were entirely hands-on with delivery. You are expected to drive and demonstrate best practice alongside the rest of the business as well as promote your team internally, communicating the work that they are delivering.
The successful candidates will have:
- Excellent knowledge of JVM languages (Java or/and Scala).
- Some understanding of prototyping/scripting languages (Python and/or R).
- Will have experience of coaching and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Production experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, NiFi and Kafka.
- Experience managing and implementing distributed applications in cloud environments, ideally in Azure or BigQuery.
- Experience with TDD and BDD testing methodologies.
For more information on this role, please contact me on 07415761543