We are working with an award-winning, global leader in location-based data, analytics, and advertising. They help well known global brands to understand and reach their current and potential customers and drive real-world business outcomes.
They’re looking for a creative, curious, and experienced Principal Data Engineer to support the growth of their Data Platform and infrastructure team. This team owns the big data plumbing and processing that power their entire business, with a remit that spans data engineering, data analysis, and data science.
They process over 350gb an hour, over around 400,000 incoming events a second, and maintain petabytes of analytical storage and they use technologies like Spark, Flink, Kafka, Cassandra, Redshift, Druid, and Postgres.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer that really understands data, and can marry up sys ops/extensive mining/pipelining expertise and has then run them up into production in conjunction with Data Science.
- Extensive experience using SQL in order to meet the high volumes of data processed daily
- 5+ years direct experience solving complex, large-scale data challenges
- Mastery of either Python or Scala or Java for data-intensive use cases
- A full stack understanding of data analytics and ingestion engineering from deployment through to monitoring
- Hands-on implementation and architectural familiarity with streaming data, relational and non- relational databases, orchestration frameworks, and distributed processing technologies (e.g. Spark)
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-based services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience integrating and consuming data from third party APIs
You can reach me on 07725 988 809 if you would like to find out more, or alternatively please share your CV details with me on [email protected].