We are working with a well-established and rapidly expanding company that has just secured a new round of investment to expand its team and product range. They are looking for an experienced Solution Architect to join their team in Boston, Massachusetts.
The company have created a big data software that allows clients to connect multiple sources of internal and 3rd party data to get a full 360° view of the customer. It allows the clients to make better decisions based on actionable data. It is being put to use in finance to detect financial crime, government to detect fraud and marketing to get a full view of the customer (to name a few).
As a Technical Solution Architect, you will be responsible for scoping out the initial project for implementation. You will be working alongside the product owner and business analysts to unearth the data sets that are needed to create the insight. You will then work with the development team, translating these requirements into technical understanding and a data model. Throughout the project, you will be the go-between from the development team to the client. You should be comfortable dealing with internal and external stakeholders, be able to hold high-level conversations and be adept at explaining to a non-technical audience. There is a big component of helping a team follow good engineering practices, CI/CD, testing, QA. Etc.
All the current architects come from a developer background and still dip their hands into coding from time to time. We are looking to replicate this. Most of your time will be spent building the data model and working on systems integration with the client however when the chips are down you might need to jump into coding.
- Strong experience in hands-on technical deliveries, leading technical teams from design through to implementation of production systems
- Coding ability in a functional programming language (even if it’s a bit rusty)
- Solid understanding of SDLC
- Experience with technical and solution design
- Exceptional client-facing, communication, and presentation skills
- Competitive Salary Up to £115k + bonus
- Company Bonus
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays + your birthday off!
- Private healthcare, Life assurance, Group income protection;
- Cyclescheme and Techscheme
- Pension scheme with company contribution of 6% of salary.
- Huge opportunities due to scale of growth
- Unlimited access to technical library
- Exceptional training
- Regular social events
If this role is of interest, please send me the latest version of your CV and I will be in touch ASAP.
Important: You must be a US citizen (US).