Our client is on a mission to not only transform the business but also change an industry. Being customer focused and data led is what it’s all about for this FTSE Insurer and they’re achieving this through the implementation of new technology and the adoption of new ways of working – this, of course, includes heavy utilisation of Data Science.
As such, they are currently looking for an experienced Data Scientist, based in South Yorkshire and on a permanent basis to take the helm and bring a currently outsourced solution back in-house. You will be working alongside a 3rd party partner that provides a telematics solution to our client. You will be tasked with absorbing its knowledge of telematics with the view of transferring that knowledge back in-house. The partner has a well-established analytics team that you will work alongside for 2/3 days a week, building a collaborative and shared DS environment where you will combine new rich data sets to show insight. Ultimately your analysis and insight will feed into insurance products that better serve the customer – an area you will work on with the rest of your time.
Experience working with large and varied data sets is a must as the telematics boxes transmit data every second and the data sets are huge! Real-time or low latency experience is desirable. You will need to be relatively autonomous as you will be working in an environment that is effectively remote 50% of your time.
In order to be successful within this role, you will need the following –
- MSc in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics or similar.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience within a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of ML libraries e.g. Tensorflow, Keras etc.
- Knowledge of telematics or the insurance industry would be a bonus.
- Excellent hands-on experience in a Python environment.
- Must be naturally inquisitive and have a desired to continuously improve your knowledge.
- Relationship building will be key so strong communication skills are imperative.
Do this sound like a challenge you would like to get involved with? If so, contact John at Logikk on 020 3005 4968 or [email protected]