Logikk is working in partnership with a well know FTSE that has recently embarked on one of the biggest cloud migrations in the UK. In order to ensure they have the required capability to support the programme alongside other Data Initiatives already in full swing, they are bolstering their Data team with a Senior Engineer on a permanent basis.
The Data Engineering team is pivotal to the success of the programme, but additionally to the ongoing deployment of Data Science products and POCs which are core to the organisation’s strategic success. In this role, you will contribute to key decisions on the migration and said ongoing Data projects (route optimisation, real-time data streaming and customer profiling to name a few), you will also contribute to the ingestion process that will productionise Data Science models & products.
To be considered, you will ideally have a minimum of 4 years commercial experience in a big data production environment, having worked on a mix of work-streams across the full lifecycle of projects. Additionally, an understanding of automation and continuous integration would be highly beneficial as the programme is already in production and you will be working closely with DevOps to deploy required infrastructure and automate batch/real-time jobs.
– 18% Bonus
– £5,500 Car Allowance (£5k cash equivalent)
– Great Pension
– Private Healthcare
– 4-6 years’ experience coding in functional programming languages – Scala and (Java for legacy code)
– Ideally some understanding of prototyping/scripting languages (Python and/or R)
– Have successfully delivered the design and production of batch and streaming analytics applications that have use cases both on-premise big data environments and in the cloud. (GCP, AWS, Azure)
– Knowledge of key data structures, algorithms and software design patterns
– Experience managing and implementing distributed applications in public cloud environments (Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Azure
– Production Experience with Big Data Technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, NiFi and Kafka)
This is an exciting time to be joining the team and play a major part in the largest GCP migration in the UK right now, with plenty of exposure to cutting edge tech and tools.
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
You can reach me on 07725 988 809 if you would like to find out more, or alternatively please share your CV details by mail.