For a software start up in Hamburg, we are currently looking for a Data Engineer who feels passionate about data and has a profound expertise and interest in working with state-of-the-art frameworks to create innovative product solutions.
Founded in 2015, the company has grown to a team of 10 while building a strong client list of familiar brands. Using Machine Learning, they are simplifying the way businesses in all sectors (sports, telco, travel etc.) collect, integrate and analyse their customer data across various sources (e.g. mobile app, online), aiming to optimize the allocation of budgets and thus increasing only relevant marketing activities.
To continue the growth and improve their already existing infrastructure (built on e.g. Spark and AWS, Kafka for real time processing) we are now looking for a Data Engineer, ideally with hands-on experience in software engineering, to join the team in Hamburg.
Besides prototyping, testing and implementing new features, the responsibilities also include the close cooperation with Data Scientists to translate new data models and algorithms into clean code and integrating it while working closely with the CTO to evaluate new technologies and to create best-practices.
• At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or a similar subject
• 1-3 years of hands-on experience in developing with relevant languages like Python, Java and/or Scala
• Expertise in working within a distributed computing environment with clusters and (ideally) streaming data processing (e.g. Kafka)
• Ideally first experiences with Docker and/or Kubernetes
• A plus (but not mandatory): Keras, Tensorflow and/or AWS Lambda
• Fluency in English or German
Are you interested?
Then send an updated version of your CV to [email protected]